Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Family Advent Calendar

Well here it is...the Family Activity Advent Calendar I have been thinking about making for two years! I have SO many amazing ideas....but time got away from me AGAIN and I realized I didn't want to spend the money or the TIME making some of the really creative ideas I had planned to do. ...and since today is December 1st, I had to use what I had around the house! So this is waht I came up with...a fairy condo of match boxes that I hot glued together and prettied up! ....no bigger than the size of my peppermint mocha!!
Each matchbox holds a piece of paper with a"Family Activity" to be enjoyed each day. Some of the family activities include; family movie night, volunteering at the Humane Society, shopping for our Angel Tree boy, board game night, making Christmas cookies, making a holiday fairy garden, Subway lunch at school with mom, making wrapping paper and wrapping grandparent gifts, filling a bag with food from the pantry and dropping off to a local shelter, stringing popcorn and making pinecone feeders for our animal friends, making snowflakes and paper chains, Elfing ourselves and emailing to grandparents, reading all of our Christmas storybooks, having a dinner picnic by the evergreen forest (or by the Christmas tree), going on a Starbucks run for hot chocolate and looking at lights.

Today's Family Activity was to make a pile of old clothes and toys to take to the Salvation Army tomorrow....listening to Christmas music and drinking Kiddy Cocktails of course.....
.....and looked who popped out from the tree to say Happy December...and good night!!


No comments: