Sunday, June 14, 2009

The First Week of Summer.....

I love it….filled with lazy, slow days, late nights and tons of possibilities….mentally making a list of all of the things we must do as a family, and all of the things I will finally have time to do as just me. Preparing our vacation plans, close to home adventures, surprise destinations, and making sure there is plenty of time for just BEING. Although the focus of our summers are obviously the kids….I always make that list of projects I would like to personally squeeze in…taking a photography class, yard work, learning to cook with herbs, spending time in the pottery studio “throwing pots,” designing the sibling cabin on Wild Hill (Vermont), finally finishing my vision board, golfing, working on my book, finishing the basement, fairy gardening, balancing my chakaras….the list goes on and on. This list does not overwhelm me, however, it invigorates me and reminds me how fortunate I am to be home during these precious months and to let summer unfold naturally….and if there happens to be time, I have so many fun things to do…..

So far, things HAVE unfolded just the way I like them as the first officially week of summer comes to a close….late mornings complete with waffles and coffee (I never have time to make my own coffee during the school year), scooters, bikes and toys all over the driveway…..kids running all over the yard as the evening turns into night…….popcycles, smores, and lemonade consumed daily…..and OPEN AGENDAS…....

Hmmmmm....what shall we do tonight.......

No comments: