Monday, July 6, 2009

Pink Party




We had a Pink Party Open House to raise money for our friend, Julie, who is walking in the 2 Day Breast Cancer walk in Chicago this summer. In addition to supporting my new friend, whose energy and spirit are unsurpassed...we were also touched closer to home by this disease. Sue (my step daughter's mother) was diagnosed with breast cancer this past year. My Aunt Mary, whose breast cancer was in remission, was just told that her cancer had returned. Although both of these women are strong and will fight themselves back to good health...I felt that getting my step daughters, and myself, personally involved would help us "heal through helping."

So how about we have a PINK PARTY???

Although it was tons of work …..it was worth it….we raised over $1400 and were thrilled to hand over our earnings to Julie ….who will pound the pavement in August…walking 60 miles in 3 days!!

I hardly took ANY pictures…and the ones I did take were out of focus as I had my settings all wrong!! These are just a few that turned out! I am so sad I did not have pictures of the four massage ladies and the incredible food spread (thanks to my friends who always come through with good eats). There are a few pictures of the donation/raffle tables but the pictures just do not do justice to the incredible donations and baskets that were put together for us!


































































No comments: